Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Movin on Up- Chapter 1~ Season 1

*Apartment: Powell Apartment- studio, 1br


Here I am in my little home. I hope I am ready to handle being on my own. I know one thing for sure is that I will not be going back to sharing a bedroom with my grown twin sisters. I want to live a rich lifestyle I have to work hard and be the focus in a space without my family telling what I should do and where I should go. I'm glad my brother was able to take me to the interview for a job. It's doesn't pay all that great, but at least it something. Now I just need some furniture.




I had to stop by my friend Carline's house. I asked her if I could stay the night because my apartment doesn't have anything. I don't even have a pot to piss in or a pot to boil water.
Brooke: "Hey Carline, thanks for inviting me over. I finally moved into my own apartment." 
Carline: "No problem, your my girl. I'm glad you got your own place. I can't wait to see your place."
Brooke: "That's the thing. I don't have any furniture and my lights aren't on yet."
Carline: "So where are sleeping or eating at?"
Brooke: "That's the thing. I don't have any place. That's why I wanted to asked you if I could stay a couple of nights just until I get a bed."
Carline: "I wish I could help, but we can't have anyone staying overnight. It's part of our least. Do you have a job?"
Brooke: "No, not yet. I will go to the library in the morning and look for one."


I didn't want to stay any longer because I should have known since Caroline does live have another roommate she did have to ask for her consent. I went ahead and left and headed to our 24 library and jumped on the computer to look for a job. There were only three jobs available so I took the job offer as a paper girl. Hopefully, this career will lead to a journalist. It would be awesome to be a star anchor on the news.


While at the library I painted two pictures and sold them for $6.00. The library does have a program to help low-income people. $6.00 wasn't much, but it was enough for me to buy 4 apples at the grocery store and for that, I was very grateful. 


While I was at the library I freshen up by washing my hands and brushing my teeth. This is about the lowest I can go. It wasn't until a librarian saw me and told me about a shelter that I should get to.



I was grateful for going Sweet Sims Legacy Lodge Home for taking for me. They have up to eight resident and we all have to do our part in keeping the place clean while we also have to look for a job. Lucky for me, I had a job offer before I came here. The only bad thing about it is that I can only stay for two weeks which was okay. I am just glad I had somewhere to sleep, shower and eat. Once there I had me assigned to kitchen duty, which was a large eating and living area.


Here is me with two other residents. I can't wait to start working and being in my own place full time.


I worked my first day on the job as the paper girl. I have to pass out the daily paper to clients in all the office buildings downtown. I also get coffee and bagels as well. Not your glamorous type of job, but at least I was able to buy a couch and a TV. Yea!!






No comments:

Post a Comment